At Auburn University, academic success is our first priority. There are multiple resources available both online and in-person to support your son or daughter’s academic goals from the first class to the final exam.
Our academic advisors know the ins and outs of majors and degree requirements, recommend courses that will maximize your student’s credit hours and provide advice and encouragement about your student’s career goals. Your student will benefit greatly from talking with faculty members about course material and academic objectives.
- The Exploratory Advising Center is for freshman students trying to find their right academic path at Auburn who are unsure of a major or career.
Auburn University Bulletin
- The Auburn University Bulletin provides a listing of academic programs, degree requirements and details about policies.
- Degree Works is an online degree-auditing and a degree-tracking tool that compares your student’s academic achievement to his or her major requirements as found in the Auburn Bulletin. There is also a “what if” analysis that can be used to see how the courses your student has taken fit into a different major.
Grade Point Average Calculator
- The Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculator allows students to find out their GPA, come up with a plan to reach their GPA goal given their current GPA and explains how their GPA is determined.
- Academic Coaching is available by appointment to assist students with academic skills, including test-taking strategies, note taking, textbook reading and setting a study schedule, among others.
- Study Smart: Academic Boot Camp is a class for students on academic suspension that focuses on the skills and attitudes required for academic success, accepting the reality of one’s academic situation, coming to terms with what one is going to have to do to graduate and exploring other paths to success in life.
- Supplemental Instruction is a free academic program designed to help students succeed in historically difficult courses. The program provides relaxed, peer-assisted study sessions led by students who have successfully completed the course in a previous semester.
- Study Partners is Auburn University’s free-of-charge official peer tutoring program sponsored by Academic Support, a division of the Office of Undergraduate Studies.
- Private Tutoring is a resource to assist students and private tutors to connect. Tutors are pre-screened by the Academic Support Office, but are independent agents. It is up to the student, parent and tutor to negotiate an hourly rate, payment schedule, duration, location and frequency of tutoring sessions.
Additional Academic Resources
- Academic Support is designed to assist students in refining and strengthening the academic skills necessary for success at Auburn University.
- Auburn Abroad
- Colleges and Schools
- Grade Adjustment Policy
- The Miller Writing Center works with students to enchance their writing through free-of-charge sessions.
- Parents as Partners provides career planning information for parents as well as other helpful resources.
Last modified: May 30, 2018